Blue Green   Red Black Orange

Martyrs Memorial

Muhyi Edeen As-Serhi

  • Martyrdom: Assassination
  • Gaza city
  • 2007-05-19
Muhyi Edeen As-Serhi

Omar khan Sharif

  • During martyrdom Operation
  • England
  • 2003-05-19
Omar khan Sharif



Paramedics are not allowed to save Palestinians injured during clashes in Al-Bireh city - Israeli soldiers are apparently taught the "bleed to death" policy against Palestinians in all occurrences.


Wa’el Nassar

Wa’el Nassar
  • Al-Qassam senior commander
  • Gaza city
  • 2004-05-30

Name: Wa’el Nassar (1973- 2004)

Nickname: Abu El-Mo’tasem

Hometown: Beit Daras

Residence: Gaza City

He is not an ordinary man . He is the man of Sacrifice at every complicated battle. He doesn’t leave his men at the time of every Incursion around Gaza Strip. When he was the leader of Al-Qassam Brigades in Zaytoon , He did a very great men to defend the enemy from entering Zaytoon and the rest of our cities inside Gaza. He is not the only one to share in fighting against the occupation , his Family is well-known of sending their loved sons to fight against the daily aggression. Fourteen relatives to Wa'el were  martyred before the martyrdom of the senior leader.


Wa’el Nassar was born in Gaza City in a refugee family that is well-known for its contributions to Palestinian resistance. He finished his primary education in Shafi school, preparatory education in Falah school and secondary education in Karmel school. Then he enrolled in the college of Islamic Studies at the Islamic University in Gaza.

In Shafi mosque in Zaitoon quarters in Gaza City, Wa’el was the first of his 8 brothers to join the activities in the mosque. And despite his young age, he was very active.

First Intifada

Wa’el was an active member of Hamas at a young age during the first Intifada and was imprisoned by occupation forces for 11 months in 1991.

After his release, Wa’el joined the Hamas security branch and formed a cell in Zaitoon quarters to monitor the activities of traitors and collaborators with the occupation forces. During one of his missions, Wa’el and the cell were interrogating a collaborator in an orange grove. The occupation forces discovered the cell and gave chase. Wa’el covered the other cell members and was detained. He was tortured for two months; but didn’t divulge any information and was released.

Immediately after his release, Wa’el joined Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades under the leadership of Emad Aqel and Awad Silmi. Shortly afterwards, the occupation forces began their pursuit of Wa’el.

During the first Intifada, Wa’el participated in many operations against the occupation forces.

-         Strike against a fuel truck which killed 2 soldiers

-         Strike against a military jeep which killed or injured its occupants

-         Strike against a foot patrol in Omar Mukhtar St. in Gaza City

-         Strike against occupation forces in Jabalia on the first day of redeployment from Gaza in 1994.

In addition, Wa’el under the leadership of Awad Silmi formed many resistance cells in the Zaitoon quarters in Gaza City.

Martyrdom Operation

Wa’el intended to conduct a martyrdom operation in 1996. However, the explosive-laden car broke down and the operation was discovered. Palestinian Authority security forces put Wa’el on their wanted list. And he was besieged in a house in the Sheikh Radwan quarters in Gaza City along with Awad Silmi and Ibrahim Naffar. They refused to surrender and exchanged fire with the besieging troops. Mediators reached an agreement that the mujahideen are to surrender to the Palestinian General Intelligence Apparatus. They were released a week later and commenced their resistance activities.

Another Detention

In April 1996, Wa’el was imprisoned by the Palestinian Preventive Security Apparatus along with other Hamas members. He was severely tortured. However, he didn’t divulge any information to the interrogators. And when they tried to persuade him work as an informer, he refused and told them, “I’ll stay in jail as long as Allah wishes. Then I’ll go out with my pride intact.”

Abu El-Mo’tasem spent over 4 years in prison and was released 3 days after the outbreak of Al-Aqsa Intifada.

Al-Aqsa Intifada

After his release, Wa’el purchased weapons and recruited members into Al-Qassam Brigades. In addition to training scores of Hamas members on the use of weapons, Wa’el commanded operations to plant roadside bombs and fire mortars against occupation forces and settlers. And despite the departure of Awad Silmi, his longtime commander and companion, Wa’el continued carrying out resistance operations.

On 15 May 2001, Wa’el was on a mission to fire mortars at “Kfar Azza” settlement when occupation forces spotted the group. As a result of shelling, one member (Abdel Hakim El-Manama) was killed and Wa’el was injured. And after recovering from the injury, Wa’el resumed his resistance activities. The operations commanded by Wa’el included:

-       Infiltration of Atzmona settlement by Mohammad Farhat which resulted in killing 7 soldiers and injuring more than a dozen

-       Infiltration of Dugget settlement by Fu’ad Dahshan, Othman Razaynah and Eyad El-Batsh

-       Infiltration of Tal-Qatif settlement by Ishaq Nassar and Zakareya Abu Zor

-       Infiltration of Eli Sinai settlement by Ibrahim Rayyan and Abdallah Shaban

-       Martyrdom operation by Ismail Masabawi that killed 2 soldiers and injured others

-       Martyrdom operation against Ashdod military port that killed and injured scores of soldiers and workers

-       Martyrdom operation by Reem El-Reyashi against Erez checkpoint which killed and injured a number of soldiers

In addition, Wa’el supervised defensive operations against occupation forces incursions in Zaitoon quarters in Gaza City.


On Sunday 30 May 2004, Wa’el was finishing a field mission. He called his transportation and was riding a motorcycle in Salah E’Deen St. with Mohammad Sarsour. An unmanned aircraft fired a rocket at them and they were killed. When bystanders tried to rescue them, another man was killed and 7 were injured. 

A week before his death, Wa’el had two dreams fulfilled. The first was Martyrdom when he saw Sheikh Ahmad Yasin in a dream inviting him to dine with the martyrs. And the second was the birth of a baby girl. He named her Ruba; and those around him saw in him the signs of contentment and pleasure.

For 14 years, Wa’el made his legacy as a tireless defender and fighter for his people. The effort and the contributions he made to the resistance movement over these few years are great. No obstacle could stand in Wa’el’s way on his road to freedom. And he left a solid base of hundreds of fighters continuing towards the achievement of freedom and liberty.


Military Communiqué

Faithfulness of the Free Campaign 


Wael Naser Martyred Resisting the Occupation in Beit Lahia


As the Faithfulness of the Free Campaign against the occupation assault on the Gaza Strip continues, Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades mourns the death of one of its members, the mujahid:


Wael Hisham Ashour Naser

21 years old, from Jabalia El-Nazlah


The mujahid was killed by a rocket from an occupation plane as he was participating in the resistance against the occupation assault on Beit Lahia.  


Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades mourns the death of the mujahid, and reaffirms the commitment and determination to continue the resistance against the belligerent occupation forces.


Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades

Information Office

July 7, 2006

Wa'el Nassar
Wa'el Nassar