Blue Green   Red Black Orange

Martyrs Memorial

Mohammed Yehya Enseiw

  • Martyrdom: Assassination
  • Gaza city
  • 2002-08-04
Mohammed Yehya Enseiw

Mahmoud Ahmed Juha

  • Martyrdom: Assassination
  • Gaza city
  • 2009-01-13
Mahmoud Ahmed Juha



Israeli troops open fire on Palestinian protesters near the border between "Israel" and Central Gaza Strip


Bashar Hosni El-Amoudi

Bashar Hosni El-Amoudi
  • A key logistics worker
  • Nablus city
  • 1994-07-11

Name: Bashar Hosni Mohammad El-Amoudi

Nickname: Abu Bara’a

Martyrdom date: 11 July 1994

Hometown: Nablus

Residence: Nablus


“A key logistics worker who faced death steadfastly, and died resisting the occupiers”


Childhood and Education

Bashar is the 4th child among 6 boys and 2 girls of Hosni Mohammad Saleh El-Amoudi, a member of one of Nablus’ prestigious families. El-Amoudi family derives its name from the Arabic word Amoud (Pole). The name comes from the first ancestor of the family in Palestine. He was a man from Hadramout in Yemen. He carried the banner in Salah El-Deen’s army (against the crusaders) on a pole.


Bashar received his primary and preparatory education in Ibn Al-Haitham School in Nablus. He finished his secondary education in Al-Ameriya School. And he was a regular worshipper in the El-Khadra mosque, where he learned the Holy Quran, teachings of Prophet Mohammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and the rich history of his ancestors.



Since his teens, Bashar was active against the occupation. At the age of 14, he was detained for throwing stones at occupation military jeeps. He was sentenced for 6 months administrative detention and fined. And with the outbreak of the first Intifada in 1987, Bashar joined the ranks of the Islamic Resistance Movement.


His first action was to enforce a commercial strike protesting the occupation. As he and his colleagues patrolled the streets of Nablus, occupation forces stormed the city and started firing randomly in the crowd. During the confrontations, Bashar was hit with an explosive bullet that smashed his thigh. His leg was in a cast for 2 years. But that didn’t prevent him from carrying on with his jihad after he recovered.


On 22 April 1991, Bashar was detained and later sentenced for 20 months for his activities in the Hamas military branch. He was released on 9 March 1993.


A few months later, Bashar got married. And two months after his martyrdom, his wife gave birth to a girl, who was named “Bara’a.”


Al-Afula Martyrdom Operation

After the Ibrahimi Mosque massacre by Baruch Goldstein against helpless worshippers, Hamas vowed that the occupation and settlers would regret this crime. Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades promised to conduct 5 operations that will shake the whole occupation entity.


Bashar moved to Qabat’ya near Jenin and prepared the logistics for the Afula martyrdom operation. The operation penetrated the vast range of occupation security measures and was a success. Following the operation, occupation troops combed the Jenin area and arrested a number of activists who confessed under torture about Bashar’s role in the operation. As a result, Bashar and the rest of the mujahideen moved back to Nablus.



On 22 April 1994, 3 years to the day after he was arrested the first time, a large group of occupation troops raided and searched Bashar’s house. He had become on the top of the occupations wanted list in Nablus. But the troops failed to find Bashar although he was hiding in his house!


Following the raid, Bashar bid farewell to his family and joined Yehya Ayyash and Ali Asi, who were also wanted by the occupation.


In the three months between the first raid and Bashar’s martyrdom, occupation troops stormed the houses of Al-Amoudi family and terrorized them. In addition, they detained his wife and brothers to pressure him to surrender. But Bashar was steadfast. He didn’t give in to the occupation; and he didn’t return to his house.



On 11 July 1994, a traitor informed occupation forces that he saw Yehya Ayyash, Ali Asi, and Bashar El-Amoudi enter a house in the Yasmeena neighborhood in the old city of Nablus. The three were the occupation’s most wanted men; and the city of Nablus was placed under strict curfew. Phone lines were disabled; and hundreds of troops surrounded the old city.


As loudspeakers called the mujahideen to surrender, Ali and Bashar decided that Yehya was to withdraw under their cover. And so, they replied to the loud speakers with bullets. The battle raged for hours; and eye witnesses stated that at least one officer was killed and a few soldiers were injured.


After Yehya withdrew from the house near dawn, Bashar and Ali continued to battle the occupation troops.


Having failed to kill the mujahideen or storm the house, occupation forces used rockets and heavy machine guns to basically tear the house down on the heads of the mujahideen. Ali and Bashar were hit by rockets and the battle ended.


Occupation forces were seen celebrating the death of the mujahideen by dragging their bodies on to the street and firing bullets on the dead bodies.


The loss in this battle was great. Ali Asi and Bashar were key leaders in the Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades in the northern West Bank. But the managed to prevent the enemy from capturing them; and they managed to allow Yehya Ayyash to withdraw and carry on with his jihad. The Engineer would live to carry out scores of operations against the occupation. And Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades would fulfill the promise to avenge the martyrs in Al-Ibrahimi mosque.

There is no data now.

There is no data now.