- Gaza Health Ministry accuses occupation of trying to kill patients in Gaza
- Israel arrests 12 citizens from West Bank
- Detainee Continues Hunger Strike, Demands Release
- Settlers Puncture Car Tires Near Bethlehem, Write Racist Graffiti
- Israeli denial of al-Dorra Killing is a new attempt to hide IOF crimes
Bardawil: No Palestinian state in or without Gaza
GAZA - Hamas denied the news reported by the London-based Arabic-language newspaper Al-Hayat on Sunday alleging that Hamas was considering declaring Gaza as independent and a separate entity from Palestine, describing such news as false allegations trying to distort the movement's image.
Hamas leader, Dr. Salah Al-Bardawil, told Quds Press that such news reports are being disseminated by the enemies of Hamas, to show as if the Islamic movement is dividing the Palestinian cause.
"This is pure fabrication", said Bardawil, noting that Hamas has been always paying heavy price to defend the Palestinian land and the right of return.
He said, "There will be no Palestinian state in Gaza and no Palestinian state without Gaza."
Bardawil also confirmed that the visit by Hamas officials to Egypt aimed at "activating the Egyptian historic role in defending the Palestinian cause."
He continued, "We believe that opening the Rafah crossing to passenger traffic and to bilateral trade represents an important part in the course of restoring the Egyptian role in Palestinian issue."